Raise funds for The Prince of Wales Hospice
Pontefract 10k is a sporting challenge organised by The Prince of Wales Hospice. This exciting event embraces community spirit, with the aim to raise as much as possible in support of patient care. Your Hospice needs to raise over £3 million annually, and could not do so without the generous support it receives from local people who go the extra-mile to show they care.
So, whether you’re an experienced runner or you’re just starting out, join us on 16th June 2019 for Pontefract’s very own 10k! Put on your running shoes, grab your family and friends and give it your all to cross the finish line – all to support your local Hospice.
The difference you can make...
Every step you take whilst running the Pontefract 10k can make a huge difference to the lives of local people, not only now but in the weeks, months and years to come. Your incredible fundraising efforts can ensure that The Prince of Wales Hospice is able to continue providing specialist care to those in need. Without you, Hospice care wouldn’t be possible.
- £40 could fund a nurse for two hours
- £149 can give an Incare patient the support of a doctor overnight
- £324 funds the cost of running the Hospice for one hour
- £3,654 could pay for all the nursing and supplies needed to run a bedroom for a week
Fundraising top tips...
- Set up an online fundraising page either on our website, or on Just Giving
- Circulate your sponsorship form – don’t forget to encourage your tax-paying friends to tick the Gift Aid box, helping you give an extra 25p for every £1 donated
- Take pictures and spread the word on social media #Pontefract10k
- Hold a cake sale, raffle or ‘guess my finish time’ competition
- Donate in lieu of raising sponsorship